Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ramping up

Training has ramped up this week with increased volume and some massive intensity ie 50x30s on/30s off, and some long weight room sessions (upwards of 2hrs). It went well for 1.5days before my intercostal muscles decided enough was enough and gave out. So I am currently sitting on the side lines pulling my hair out because I want to train at full speed like everyone else. I have finally learned that its better to take 3 days off or low volume/intensity now then have it effect weeks to months of training by pushing through. Knowing this doesn't make it any easier for us competitive types to comply with that bit of wisdom ....aaahhhh. But I have to remember its not just me that's affected by my injury its my canoeing partner as well so I have to play it smart or we both loose.
I am writing this after 2 attempted training sessions and work so it my be incoherent.
cheers
K

No comments:

Post a Comment