Wednesday, February 4, 2009

wonderful weather

The weather in San Diego, CA is perfect not just some of the time but every day! 50degrees at 6am, warming to a clear sunny 74-80 then back down to 50ish when the sun goes down. All you want to do is be outside every minute of the day, this is good since that is essentially what I am supposed to be doing with canoe/kayak training. I am sure I will eventually miss the seasons but for now it ROCKS.
This morning we hammered out a session of 10x750m that shut my body completely down after only 1. Unfortunately there are going to be days when your body will not go fast no matter how much you want it to. Today was one of them for me, it felt like being in one of those dreams with quick sand your trying to run but you go now where. Suffering through them builds lots of character though. I know that days like this are all part of the process of getting faster and adjusting my body to the training load. You check the workout off as complete then move on, a day or a week of bad workouts does not make or break a season unless you let it get you mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment