Tuesday, February 3, 2009

7x2kms

Coach brought the motor up next to us as we lined up for our next 2km piece."Your times are to slow pick it up, your barely moving". "Put some power behind the stroke on the next piece". "go in 30sec". Everyone surged forward building up speed then dropping back to pace, I jumped onto the wash of the fastest girl and held on for dear life, I had to stay focused otherwise I would drop back or feel the exhaustion and start to give up. We all came through at the 500m, 1000 and 1500m at a great clip, and I could hear Coach start yelling great job, good power,excellent stroke rate, pushing the envelope that's what I like to see. Wow 4 down, 3 to go!
The last few days we have been really focusing on technique, its so important to involve the whole body fluidly in the stroke in order to produce the most wattage. I have so many thing to think about in terms of my mechanics that i can only concentrate on 1 or 2 effectively per session.
After the morning session we ran and in the afternoon we lifted and swam. My swimming skills are entirely lacking and some rib injuries make it even more difficult for me to do any type of workout, this is incredibly frustrating each time i get in the water, but i am learning that its ok to take things slow so you don't get injured (it only took 23yrs to figure out)!
The pool is actually really cool though, its out side and looks like it was taken out of a James Bond movie. There are columns, arches and cast iron fences, water cascades down portions of the walls and into small channels and if you climb up to the next tear of the building there is a hot tub sooo cool even to a none swimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment