Friday, February 6, 2009

Race

Tomorrow the team is heading to Newport Beach to race and promote USACK. It should be a fun event, the girls are all going to due the 8km short course in K2's and the boys in K1. I have never been to this part of CA and look forward to being able to see more of the state.
Today was awesome, as usual I started the day at 6.10am with a small cup of Java and a few pages of my book. Then headed off to the training center for a speed workout, the wind was blowing and it was raining making it even harder, but we stayed focused and toughed it out. Your not always going to get perfect conditions on race day so it makes days like this even more important. After the morning practice I cashed in on a double massage session =1hr in sports med! By this point in the week my shoulders, neck and back had turned into a giant knot and were completely locked up, the therapist worked his magic turning me into a new women. I walked around the rest of the day with a grin on my face flying from one task and workout to another with renewed energy.
I am now staring blankly at my computer screen so I think that's a sign to call it a night.
cheers
K

No comments:

Post a Comment