Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fall in OKC ......maybe

A brisk 67 degrees at 8am, it must be fall in OKC ! It doesn't matter that the temperature shoots up to the mid 90's by the afternoon, I have decided fall is here. The cooler mornings make me think of New England even thought the temperature would constitute a warm summer day there, its all about the spreed from the AM to the PM. I love the Fall at home and miss it already.

Training this week has been a bit of a challenge my body has a limited amount of energy. The work outs start great then I quickly fatigue after a few pieces, falling off the pace and onto my team mates wash, then after a few more I fall off the wash as well no matter how hard I try and hang on. I know that my fatigue will improve in the mean time its a challenge to remember that I have a limited reserve and can only do a few things everyday, ie a workout and 2hrs of work or 2 workouts and no work. If I over do it I have to go home and take a nap and keep a minimal level of activity ie. stay in bed for the rest of the day ggggrrrrrgh.
I am optimistic for next week, today is an off day for training so I can completely rest and I think I have built up my reserves in my body over the last week so I should be in a much better position to start my push to Marathon Worlds and then to Pan American Championships!
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment