Sunday, July 4, 2010

LPI regatta

What a great long weekend in Lake Placid!
Day 1
The lake Placid International regatta started off with a bang at 8am on Friday, first up was the senior women 500m heats. I had a solid race winning my heat which put me in the finals in a prime lane. A few hours later I raced to a close 3rd place finish in the SrWK1 500m final, next up was K2 we had a great 400m in the lead dropping to 4th after being caught off balance by the wind and needing to brace. At the end of the day Jen Burke, myself, Ann Blanchard and Beata Cseske teamed up for a K4 which place a close second to the Canadian team after a babble in the last 100m.
Day 2
200m's is an awful short race for a marathon paddler but I figured i would give it a shoot! I ended up just out of the medals in the K1 SrW 200m final by a few 100th of a sec!

No comments:

Post a Comment